Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Beware of Mosquitoes-Bring Repellent!


My Friend currently visiting Italy reminds
When I arrived at home late last night, I threw open the doors to the deck for a last night cap when I was attacked by a battalion of those famed “no see um” Italian mosquitoes that take hunks out of every conceivable piece of flesh not covered by insect repellent, which, of couse, I forgot to put on.
These guys are different from their American counterparts: They appear last at night and just Kamikazee on you like crazy.
They are stealth mosquitoes too. Silent. Undetected. Two thousand years of evolution. They specialize in big American guys just returning from Naxos. They hit and run before the brain registers the bite.
Today I prepare. I will buy some netting and put it around my deck. If that doesn’t work, I will buy a blow torch, a hammer, maybe even a wet suit.
I am American you know from New England. Yankee ingenuity. I will teach them.

No comments:

Post a Comment